There are many types of mold, and they reproduce by means of microscopic, airborne spores. Mold can start growing indoors when its spores float inside from outdoors and land on surfaces that are damp. Exposure to mold by inhaling or touching mold spores can cause allergic reactions and irritation to the lungs, eyes, skin, nose and throat.
Mold that gets established can gradually destroy the things it grows on, including home furnishings and structural components. You can prevent damage to your home and furnishings, save money, and avoid health problems by controlling unwanted moisture intrusion and eliminating potential mold growth.
Mold and Air Quality Testing is an add-on to your Standard Home Inspection. We recommend Air Quality Testing if the home has been vacant, has a history of moisture intrusion, or if someone is particularly sensitive to mold or respiratory problems. I will take air samples to determine if mold or other allergens are elevated in the indoor air. The results can offer you peace of mind if they are normal, or prompt further investigation if they are elevated.
In every standard home inspection, I am on the look out for signs of moisture intrusion, mold, and conditions conducive to mold growth. If I discover visible mold, I can take surface samples (additional lab fee applies) to verify the type of mold present. Lab results can help you have the documentation you will need to prove the presence of mold and negotiate remediation with the seller.
Protect your investment and your family’s health, and let me inspect your home for mold and the warning signs of mold growth.
Bringing Clean Air to Life®
IAC2 is the non-profit certifying body for home and building inspectors who have fulfilled certain educational and testing requirements, including those in the area of indoor air quality.
Please visit www.IAC2.org for more information.